Disability Awareness Sunday
Disabilities Sunday Designated in the AWF Conference
Sunday, October 20, 2019, is designated as Disability Awareness Sunday in the Alabama - West Florida Conference. Every year we designate a Sunday for this purpose. Click here to read more about last year's special Sunday.
To read about how one church celebrated Disability Awareness Sunday, click here.
Ideas to celebrate Disability Awareness Sunday:
- Plan a worship service themed around God’s love and acceptance of all of us.
- Have persons with disabilities participate in the worship service as greeters, ushers, musicians and /or speakers.
- Highlight existing ministries in your church or programs in your community that serve those with disabilities.
- Include a flyer in your church bulletin.
- Incorporate ideas from these resources: https://umcdmc.org/worship/
Share with us how your church celebrated Disabilities Awareness Sunday. Contact Berta Hurston at email@example.com or Susan Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org.